Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tank Hunters

One of the first things I bought when I got back into 40k late last year was a squad of Sentinels.  They were missing the bars that enclosed the cab, so when I saw a set of 3 armored Sentinel upgrades on Ebay, I snatched them up.  I also bought 3 Sentinel Lascannons and mounted them with magnets.  My weapon options include 3 Lascannons, 2 multilasers, and one Heavy Flamer.  Basically an anti-tank choice or an anti-personnel choice, depending on the army I'm facing.

If you know me you know I'm a fan of older models most of the time. The guard Sentinels are a big exception. These current models are easily the best version of this unit in the long history of 40k.  I'm keen to use them ASAP.



I cooked up a simple back-story for the squad last night.  Units 1 and 2 are piloted by a couple of hardened veterans, but unit three is always piloted by a rookie because Unit 3 pilots don't live very long. That's why Unit 3 is so beat up.

This Alt-Terminator got his Power Fist chopped off and replaced with a s Power Sword so he can be a legal Sarge. It worked better than I expected.


-Adam!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment