Sunday, December 4, 2011

UltraMarines vs Imperial Guard 2

Alex wanted to do an annihilation battle, and I had no problem with that.  I wanted to do the set-up where the battlefield was drawn into quarters and the armies set up opposite each other diagonally.  He had no problem with that. With that sorted, we placed our minis and got to it.

The Battlefield

Imperial Guard putting Penal Legion troopers out front

"I don't wanna go!"

The Commander leading from the front (that went badly.)

Terminators taking the forward position. Those fence pieces are among my favorite terrain bits. They don't obscure firing, or provide cover, but do obstruct troop movement. Tanks just go through them.

Rhinos and Assault Marines bring up the rear.


Two Speeders, two Dreadnaughts, a Techmarine, and a Servitor.


Ogrynn!

The first turn.

First turn casualties. (Stopped using the flash. The photos are darker, but better.)


Second turn casualties.

Marines, disembark!

Veterans (with Meltabombs) assault!  This was awesome. Two Chimeras full of melta-bomb armed veterans poured out and surrounded the Dreadnaughts. They destroyed one of them. 

Firing range. Killed a few marines, but they killed my tanks right back.

Turn three casualties.

Turn four casualties.

Additional turn 4 casualty.

The game ended after turn 5, with me getting 1 VP for destroying one Dreadnaught.  I could never finish off any other troops or vehicles.  Alex wiped out my Penal Legion squad and Command Squad, for a total of 2 VP, so got his second win in a row.  

-Adam!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment